Adults with congenital heart defects and congestive heart failure are a challenging population because of their complex anatomy, prior surgical palliation, and hemodynamic status. We report one of the first cases of a ventricular assist device placement in a patient with decompensated heart failure and a history of D-transposition of the great vessels who had a prior atrial switch operation.
- Mustard Operation
- Transposition of the Great Arteries
- Ventricular Assist Device
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Pediatrics, Perinatology, and Child Health
- Radiology Nuclear Medicine and imaging
- Cardiology and Cardiovascular Medicine