Mixed-type paratesticular rhabdomyosarcoma - A case report

Hsiang Ying Lee, Chia Chun Tsai, Chun Hsiung Huang, Wei Ming Li, Hsin Chih Yeh, Wen Jeng Wu, Chii Jye Wang, Yii Her Chou, Chun Chieh Wu

Research output: Contribution to journalArticlepeer-review

1 Scopus citations


Rhabdomyosarcoma (RMS) is the most common soft tissue tumor of childhood; about 80% of cases occur before the age of 21 with the remaining 20% evenly spread throughout the remaining decades. A primary paratesticular site is considered to have a good prognosis in comparison with other RMS sites. Histologically, any subtype of RMS, including alveolar, pleomorphic, embryonal, and mixed type, may occur in the paratesticular region, but only a relatively small number of cases are mixed and this variant has a poor prognosis. We report a case of paratesticular RMS (mixed embryonal and alveolar type) in a 16-year-old boy.

Original languageEnglish (US)
Pages (from-to)239-241
Number of pages3
JournalKaohsiung Journal of Medical Sciences
Issue number6
StatePublished - Jun 2011
Externally publishedYes


  • Mixed type
  • Paratesticular rhabdomyosarcoma
  • Rhabdomyosarcoma

ASJC Scopus subject areas

  • Medicine(all)


Dive into the research topics of 'Mixed-type paratesticular rhabdomyosarcoma - A case report'. Together they form a unique fingerprint.

Cite this