This is a retrospective study of 9 consecutive female patients who underwent ureteral embolization via a “sandwich” technique with two vascular plugs and N-butyl cyanoacrylate glue for ureteral fistulae unresponsive to urinary diversion. Average age was 61 years (range, 39–77 y), average duration of diversion was 48 days (range, 2–120 d), and average follow-up was 11 months (range, 4–23 mo). Seven patients (78%) experienced immediate resolution of urinary leakage, and the other 2 (22%) required unilateral repeat treatment for resolution of leakage. Symptom resolution lasted throughout the follow-up period for all patients. Bilateral internal iliac artery pseudoaneurysms developed in 1 patient and were treated with embolization and stent placement.
|Original language||English (US)|
|Number of pages||6|
|Journal||Journal of Vascular and Interventional Radiology|
|State||Published - Aug 2017|
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Radiology Nuclear Medicine and imaging
- Cardiology and Cardiovascular Medicine